LEARNING COVER SUPERVISOR
34 HOURS PER WEEK, TERM TIME ONLY
(£17,563 - £18,739 per annum)
Required for 1 September 2017 (for a 12 month contract), a Learning Supervisor to provide stability and continuity for students whose lessons are affected through short-term teaching staff absence and to provide support to teaching staff and students within a Faculty.
The essential attributes are:
- Common sense and a desire to see young people learn;
- The ability to relate to young people;
- A commitment to professional development;
- The self-confidence to support students in a classroom environment on your own;
- A minimum qualification of degree level, in any discipline;
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities.
The post is particularly well suited to someone who wishes to gain school based experience prior to gaining a teaching qualification. The ability to use ICT effectively would be advantageous, however, as with all aspects of the job there will be a comprehensive training programme. We have had a 100% success record in our Learning Supervisors successfully acquiring PGCE/School Direct placements.
CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 26 JUNE (12.00noon)
PLEASE FOLLOW TES APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.