King George V School
King George V School is an international secondary school with approximately 1,800 students that teaches the IGCSE and IB curriculum in English.
Learning Director - Head of Science (TLR 1)
We are seeking expressions of interest for the Learning Director of Science position at King George V, Hong Kong beginning in August 2018.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Teaching competence and capacity to provide broad curriculum leadership leading to the achievement of quality learning outcomes for all students in our MYP, IGCSE and IBDP.
• Ability to teach more than one science discipline and knowledge of STEAM would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to develop and sustain productive relationships within and beyond the school community. A focus will be to promote effective teacher collaboration focused on curriculum, learning outcomes and a results orientation.
• Capacity to use analytical skills to contribute to educational outcomes at the school level and to inform change processes and school improvement priorities.
• Capacity to manage effectively human, financial and physical resources across the science faculty to deliver high quality learning outcomes.
• Ability to promote evidenced based professional learning of staff that is continuous and job embedded.
Bachelor Degree in Education, or
Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
2-4 years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation is preferred
Closing Date: 14 Dec 2017
For enquiries, please contact Heather Millington at email@example.com.
Please click here for more information about the position.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.