Steyning Grammar School, West Sussex
‘Journey to Excellence’
Learning Leader for Film and Media – permanent, full time - required from September 2018
Steyning Grammar School is a large, comprehensive school (2250+ on roll of which 450+ are in the Sixth Form) situated in the beautiful South Downs countryside, close to Brighton and the South coast. Our students are fantastic – polite, confident and eager to learn.
Ofsted (March 2017) rated the school Good with Outstanding features.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified talented and committed teacher to lead in the continuing development of A Level Film and A-Level Media Studies. In 2017, 93.8% and 77.8% achieved A* - C at A-Level in Film and Media respectively. Presently, both subjects are taught, but please be aware that in the future, there may or may not be both subjects in any one year.
The successful candidate will have
● The capacity to lead A-Level Film Studies and Media studies and improve learning in these subject areas, in addition to being able to teach up to A level English.
● Enthusiastic and passionate, with the drive and determination to move the school forward.
● A great classroom practitioner, committed to the craft of teaching.
● Able to demonstrate excellent student progress.
● Creative, innovative and able to differentiate effectively.
● A dedicated team player who develops excellent relationships with students and colleagues.
● A professional who models expectations and promotes positive behaviour.
● Committed to all students achieving their full potential and the learning vision of the school – our journey to excellence.
Completed application forms should be e-mailed to Sam Austwick (email@example.com) by 9.00 am, Friday 16th March 2018 (please note that we will be considering applications up until the closing date). We will acknowledge receipt of your application by email. We will contact you again, only, if your name appears on the short list and apologise in advance for not confirming back to you if you have not have been shortlisted.
Steyning Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.