Generations Christian Education is a non-for-profit organisation, with other 30 years at the forefront of Christian International education in Hong Kong, encompassing Small World Christian Kindergarten (*SWCK*), Norwegian International School (NIS) (Kindergarten and Primary campuses), Island Christian Academy (*Island CA*), and a Small World (Generations) Playgroup. The organisation is dedicated to providing high quality English language International education based on sound faith-based foundations. Our schools nurture the whole child in an environment where each student is empowered to flourish academically, physically, spiritually, socially and emotionally.
We are looking for dynamic, self-starters who are able to think outside-the-box and function cross-culturally in a 21st Century learning, growth mindset environment to fill these roles. We offer a collaborative work environment where team players are valued and a competitive compensation package that includes medical and dental benefits.
Please log on to http://www.generations.edu.hk/working-with-us/currentopenings/ to learn more about the position and to download the Staff Application Form and view the job descriptions. Applicants are required to attach a covering letter, complete and submit the Staff Application Form and required documents by 2 January 2019.
Supports the Vice Principals in the following areas:
- To be part of the Senior Leadership Team (-SLT-) and role model IslandCA and assist the SLT in supporting the implementation of Generations' vision, mission and values of Christian Education.
- To lead and inspire colleagues and provide professional management, ensuring high quality teaching and learning, aspirational target setting, effective use of assessment for learning. appropriate use of resources and to continuously educate the whole child.
- To work closely with colleagues to develop, implement and review policies, practices and action plans which reflect the school's commitment to continuously educate the whole child. To monitor and evaluate teaching and learning, progress made in achieving targets, use of assessment for learning and use the information gathered to guide further improvements.
- To lead development of colleagues through example, team working and mutual support and the organisation of high quality professional development.
- To ensure the smooth running of day to day activities such as supply teaching duties, recess duties, etc.
The position holder reports directly to the Vice Principals (or their delegate) who reports directly to the Principal.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- To lead the reporting cycles in coordination with Vice Principal for Teaching and Learning.
- To help coach teachers so as to improve student learning in agreed upon subjects. To help teachers to use data to set goals for designated subjects.
- To help build capcity within the staff.
- Designated and agreed subject areas.
- To co-ordinate and manage assessment procedures. To conduct regular moderation of assessments.
- To manage Classroom Monitor and training for staff.
- To manage data for designated subjects.
- To lead the mid- and end-of-year analysis process for whole school (in coordination with Vice Principal - Teaching and Learning).
Supply Teaching cover
- To manage cover for absent teachers, either by covering yourself, or finding a an external or in house supply cover.
- To arrange and manage specialist teacher schedules.
- Duty Roster.
- To undertake any other duties as required.by the School.
- Internal Liaisons: Generations Senior Leadership Team. Marketing Communications Manager, Principal, Vice Principals, teaching staff, non-teaching staff. operational support staff, students, parents, school community members.
- External Liaisons: Relevant School governing bodies, other schools, broader community members.
If the role sounds like the right next step in your career, we look forward to hearing from you about how you might be the right person to join our team and help shape the future of learning here at Island Christian Academy!