The Governors would like to appoint to the brand new post of Learning Mentor at HLTA level. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to explore their potential working with children across the both Key Stage 1 and 2, demonstrating a range of skills to support and inspire the education of our pupils. The role will involve some PPA cover as well as support for vulnerable pupils and their families.
The post is offered on the following basis:
- Start date is Monday, 4th September 2017.
- Monday to Friday, term time plus Inset training days, i.e. 39 weeks p.a.
- Daily 8.15a.m. to 4p.m., (incl. a 45min. lunch break), i.e. 35hours per week.
- Salary Range B, scale 5 – 6, (on the APT&C pay scale), based on experience. (Actual / pro rata salary approx. £20,000 – 24,000p.a.)
- Initially the post will be a one year contract but depending on performance and funding may become a permanent role.
The school will offer you:
- A friendly, calm and welcoming environment.
- A dedicated, hardworking and friendly staff team.
- A supportive leadership team.
- Induction support and a range of CPD opportunities.
Visits to the School to meet the Head, children and staff are welcome and can be arranged by calling the School on 020-8969 5566.
To apply please complete the Catholic Education Service application forms, available on-line: http://www.catholiceducation.org.uk/employment-documents/application-forms or in hard copy from the School office.
Your application should demonstrate and include evidence of:
- Previous experience, preferably at HLTA level, working with children in a formal capacity, being a positive role model and demonstrate a constructive, caring and energetic approach to the education of children, raising attainment and standards working with both small groups and individual pupils, their teachers and liaising with parents / carers.
- At least two ‘A’ (Advanced) levels grade A* to C. Copies of your certificates must be included with your application. Applications from graduates would be welcomed.
Completed application forms should be signed and returned by post or in person, with copies of academic certificates, by midday on Tuesday, 27th June 2017. You will be contacted if your application is successful and interviews will be held soon after the closing date.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, requires successful enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance and is subject to employment references, identity and safeguarding checks and a half term probationary period.