LEEDS COLLEGE OF BUILDING
LEARNING MENTORS - FULL TIME, FRACTIONAL & VARIABLE
Internal Ref: 0178
Hours: Full time & Fractional (40 weeks per year) & Variable
Salary: £20,786 - £24,023 per annum pro-rata
As an award-winning college, we are looking for exceptional staff to join our team. We truly value our support staff who have a key role in supporting and developing our students.
The Inclusive Learning Service at Leeds College of Building is currently looking to appoint Learning Mentors to work with students who require extra help to realise their potential. The role is varied and challenging and will include:
• Promoting positive behaviour through restorative practice and emotional coaching
• Supporting the development of study and personal organisation skills
• Partnership working with vocational tutors and the Maths and English team
• Providing help with revision and portfolio building
• Promoting and developing inclusive and person centred practice across the college
• Representing the ILS team and helping to promote support strategies across college
• Working in a range of learning environments to develop vocational and employability skills.
Ideally you will have experience of working with students who experience barriers to learning in a post 16 setting. You will have a good understanding of the principles of inclusion and be committed to providing personalised support in partnership with other educational professionals and agencies. Experience of working with young people with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties or who have EHCP’s would be an advantage.
It is essential that you possess Level 2 qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy or equivalent. In addition, the successful applicants will have a Level 3 qualification in English or Maths.
In return we offer a warm and welcoming college with outstanding facilities and an excellent benefits package that includes:
• A well-respected occupational pension scheme (West Yorkshire Pension Fund)
• Free parking at all of our College sites (on a first come, first served basis)
• Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
• Superb opportunities for training and development
So, if you’d like to be part of a unique organisation that supports one of the largest and most diverse employment sectors in the UK, we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please visit the vacancies section of our website at www.lcb.ac.uk. CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 24 April 2019 at 4pm
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.