Learning Mentor (Primary Phase)
36 hours x 45.6 weeks (term-time only)
Salary Scale 6 pt 18-21 £27,978-£29,517 (ACTUAL pro rata salary £24,468-£25,814)
Start date: September 2021
George Mitchell is an All-Through (3-16) multicultural school, with a Nursery. We are proud of our place at the heart of our local community and this is an exciting time for us. We were judged a Good school by OFSTED in January 2016 and you will be joining us at an important point in our journey towards becoming an Outstanding school.
We are seeking an excellent Learning Mentor (Primary Phase) who shares our passion and love of children and who would welcome the chance to join our amazing school. We have a strong and relentless commitment to not only the education but also overall well-being of our children and school community.
Experience as a Learning Mentor is not essential. However, kindness, enthusiasm, resilience and a desire to learn is vital.
Our school is a wonderful place to work. We offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A socially and ethnically diverse school community
- Well behaved, charming and enthusiastic children
- An ambitious and broad curriculum
- A restorative approach to behaviour management
- A commitment to SEND and Safeguarding
- A new 2-story modern building
- An approachable and supportive leadership team
- Friendly and dedicated staff
- Mentoring, coaching and excellent CPD
- Opportunities for career pathways
- A strong sense of purpose, certainty and clear school values
The post is term time only, 36 hours a week (45.6 weeks). Attendance at INSET Days and CPD sessions is required (5 days equivalence).
To request an application pack, an informal discussion with the Headteacher about the role or to arrange a visit, which we strongly encourage, please telephone or email HR email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted by 5 pm on Monday 17th May 2021. Interviews will be held the following week. Further information about the school can be found on our website – www.georgemitchellschool.co.uk. All completed applications should be email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we do not accept CV applications.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offer of a position is subject to receiving satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS Clearance.
George Mitchell School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years
“The individualised care, guidance and support pupils receive across the school are outstanding. It is most impressive that the (all-through) school has quickly become one very cohesive community.” Ofsted