Withernsea High Schools' ethos is based on high aspirations, expectations and achievements for all. We exist to provide high quality teaching and learning experiences in a supportive and caring environment situated at the heart of our local community.
Required from October 2017 to support learning and progress in the English faculty.
- have achieved a Level 2 English qualification
- work with students in KS3 and KS4 helping students to embed knowledge, skills and understanding and to remove barriers to learning
- work with groups of students to deliver a pre-planned intervention programme for KS3
- work alongside targeted students in the classroom
- deliver withdrawal sessions for targeted KS4 students.
This post will suit a person with experience of working with young people as a teaching assistant and/or an individual with aspirations to train as a teacher.
You should be flexible, able to work independently, meet pre-determined deadlines and possess good verbal communication skills.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. Appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Temporary until 31 August 2018 for 34 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term-time.
For an informal discussion please email your contact details to Mr M Crofts, Deputy Head, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application pack available from Mrs K Burton, Head's PA, tel (01964) 613133 or email email@example.com
Advert No: WITH000934.
Closing Date: 25.9.17.