Post: Learning Mentor
School: Southey Green Primary School Nurseries
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Grade 5 - £21,074 to £24,657
Hours / Weeks: 37 hours – 42 weeks
Southey Green is a large three form entry primary school with two nurseries in north Sheffield (Group Size 4, NOR: 736). Following the OFSTED inspection in March 2016 Southey Green is proud to say that it is a ‘GOOD’ school.
The school is at the heart of its community and in January 2013 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Tapton is an ‘Outstanding’ secondary school in Sheffield and the Academy Trust is rapidly establishing itself within the city.
Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
You will need to:
· Have good experience of working within a team
· Have experience of working with children displaying challenging behaviour
· Have good interpersonal skills and ability to relate and communicate effectively with children, staff and parents
· Be adaptable and willing to assist with other aspects of school life
We can offer you:
· Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
· Children who love learning and want to achieve
· A well-resourced and stimulating environment
· A strong emphasis on teamwork
· High quality CPD opportunities
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. We have the following date at 4pm:
Monday 17th September 2018
Application forms can be obtained at www.southeygreen.org under the Community/Jobs page.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Please do not complete a Local Authority Application form for this post.
Further information relevant to this post, including a recruitment pack is available on line via the school website.
Closing date for applications: 21st September at 4.00 pm
Short-listing: 24th September 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 2nd October 2018
Southey Green Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.