KAA is an 11 – 18 academy situated in the heart of Notting Hill, West London. We opened in brand new buildings in 2014 and our facilities are second to none. We are currently in our fourth year of operation and have 920 students in Years 7, 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 with us. By September 2018 we will be a full school with all seven year groups.
KAA is a school which has the very highest standards – both in terms of academic teaching and life beyond the classroom. In our first year the Department of Education reported we are “one of the best new academies they had ever seen” in terms of our planning and curriculum. In 2017, Ofsted have judged us to be “outstanding” in all areas and described standards as “exceptional”. Our Sixth Form is also outstanding and is operated jointly with our independent school partners Charterhouse and Godolphin & Latymer. Candidates can read of our recent Ofsted and exam successes on our website, kaa.org.uk, along with other evidence of the exceptional standards in our school.
We are currently looking for a talented and committed Learning Mentor to join our outstanding department.
You will be part of a specialist learning mentor service bridging learning and pastoral support for students and those engaged with them, in order to remove barriers to learning and promote academic achievement.
- You will develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with a case load of students in order to support their behaviour, social and/or emotional barriers.
- You will provide timetabled support and guidance to SEN students with complex support requirements or for those who are disengaged with their learning or struggling to cope at school.
- You will advance students’ learning in a range of classroom settings, while providing ongoing support outside the classroom through 1-1 and group sessions and specialist enrichment programmes.
- You will use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, and fully contribute to a professional and purposeful learning environment.
- You will promote the inclusion of all students ensuring that they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- You will work within an extended range of networks and partnerships to broker support and learning opportunities and improve the quality of services to students.
- You will monitor the well-being and progress of individual students and maintain excellent communication with all stakeholders.
Deadline: Apply by 9 am on Monday 21st May 2018
Please send your completed application form to Lavinia Baboi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/eh8N7EiLSyU6BIuE2
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.