Job Title: Learning Progress Assistant
Grade and Salary: £18,488 per annum - actual salary. (£21,589 – £23,836 FTE - support staff grade 4)
Working pattern: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Location: Ashfield School, Sutton Road, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottingham, NG17 8HP
Ashfield School is rightly proud of its strong reputation for the high standards of teaching, behaviour and academic achievement. One of the largest school’s in England, our ethos is to support, inspire and challenge people to give of their best in our safe, happy and ambitious learning and working environment.
Ashfield School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic candidate for the post of Learning and Progress Assistant to join an established team in the support of secondary aged students with special educational needs including social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
This post will provide support to students across a range of ages and abilities, who have a variety of learning, behavioural, communication and social difficulties.
This post will focus on supporting the vocational faculty, including Health and Beauty, Child Care and Hospitality, and will play an integral part in ensuring the students meet targets and process to their potential.
The successful candidate will have experience of working with or coaching young people and be confident in dealing with difficult behaviour. Previous experience of working with pupils with specific learning difficulties or behavioural needs would be desirable but this is not essential. The post holder will need to be flexible and be able to work effectively under pressure.
Why join us:
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: 27 January 2020
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure, two references and successful completion of vetting procedures.