The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Learning Resource Assistant to join a friendly and vibrant learning hub team. The Learning Resource Assistant has an important part to play in helping to maintain the processes and procedures that ensure that the Unity College Learning Resource Centre is able to meet the information and resource requirements of the College community in a comprehensive, convenient and timely manner. The Learning Resource Assistant is part of a Learning Resource Team that aims to provide a friendly, stimulating and supportive atmosphere that encourages all College community members to feel comfortable in coming to the Learning Resource Centre in search of their information, ICT, recreational reading and other resource needs. The ideal applicant has experience working in a Learning Resource Environment, and in using technology, particularly Apple products as well as the full suite of Microsoft Office tools. The position would particularly suit someone who would like to further develop and gain experience in the world of resource management and has a passion for learning, reading, information technology and creativity.
Responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
• Assisting students to obtain appropriate research resources.
• Library administration including cataloguing, covering books, shelving, shelf tidying, borrowing and returns, library displays.
• Administration of text and device hire including following up unreturned texts and or devices.
• Administration and maintenance of the Resource technology systems.
• Set up and reorganise library facilities as required, including moving and reorganising stock, materials and resources.
• Building the Capacity of staff to access appropriate learning and teaching resources
• Supervising and assisting students working in the library in the mornings, during class, lunchtime and during homework club as required.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Contributes to a positive and vibrant workplace.
• Possesses a friendly and welcoming manner.
• Seeks to help others and be viewed as a ‘Team Player’.
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently and also with minimum supervision within a team environment.
• Assists with other general administrative tasks as required as part of the Learning Resource Team.
• Demonstrates time management and organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrates appropriate interpersonal skills.
• Utilises effective interpersonal skills and initiative when dealing with difficult situations has the ability to engage and build relationships with students of all ages.
• Supports the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the College.
• Actively supports the Christian ethos of the College.
• Has a commitment to ongoing professional learning.
Unity College is a P-12 Ecumenical College, in the Catholic and Uniting Church traditions, based in Caloundra. As part of Brisbane Catholic Education, our co-educational College aims to be a welcoming and supportive community of people who respect ourselves, each other and the environment. Our school seeks to provide a holistic education, striving for excellence through the teaching and demonstration of the Christian message. We are a school which provides a student-focussed education in a safe environment and which creates equal opportunity for all to develop their full potential.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: January 2019
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: School term weeks only - holidays unpaid
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: This is for 30 hours per week over 5 days.
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: SO Level 3
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Ms Debbie Vautier
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5490 5790
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window