Required February 2018 Learning Resource Centre Assistant
Part time, permanent post, term time only
17.5 hours per week (10:30am – 2:00pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary range: NJC 14 (£16,781) (Pro rata £6,585)
Furness Academy is looking to appoint an innovative and creative Learning Resource Centre Assistant to lead the development of the facility with energy and enthusiasm whilst responding to the needs of the students. Candidates with previous experience or those with exceptional organisational and communication skills are highly desirable.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park.
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future.
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose.
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
• Create and implement an operating policy in line with Academy objectives.
• Deliver excellent customer service and support to students and staff who use our facility, assisting them with enquiries and with their use of our facilities, equipment and IT.
• Run the administration.
• Provide support to students and staff to enable the centre to be accessed as required. • Support students and assist them in developing a love of books and interest in reading.
• Encourage student’s independence and responsibility for selecting and replacing books.
• Develop the learning resource centre as an attractive browsing and learning area, creating displays of student’s work and artefacts.
• Develop and maintain well-organised systems and resources.
• Be committed to adapting the support you offer to suit the specific needs of each user making them feel welcome, valued and enabled to fully exploit the resources on offer for their research, learning and creative needs in line with the Academy curriculum.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
For further information regarding this post or to apply, please download an application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk, email email@example.com or phone 01229 484277.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure. The appointment will also be subject to two satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: 12 noon 23rd January 2018
Shortlisting: 24th January 2018
Interviews: 2nd February 2018