Learning Resource Centre Manager
Scale PO1 £30,802 - £33,686 (actual salary)
Term time plus 2 weeks , 35 hours per week
Required January/February 2019
Closing date, midnight on Sunday 9th December 2018
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic Learning Resource Centre Manager. The LRC manager will be responsible for the effective running and development of the LRC. A passion for reading and literacy and an understanding of the school curriculum are essential to this post.
Previous experience of working in a school library would be an advantage. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent literacy, IT and organisational skills, and be able to communicate and interact well with students and staff.
The diversity of the school community ensures that Bow is a vibrant and interesting place to work.
• A well established and comprehensive mentor programme
• A strong personalised programme of professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
• Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
• A strong community spirit
• Staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school
Bow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and the successful applicant will be subject to relevant vetting checks before an offer of appointment is confirmed and will be subject to rechecking thereafter, as appropriate