Learning Resource Manager
Excellent Package - salary £16,407 for term time only
37 hours per week, (39 weeks in the year) – full time or part time (please specify)
Have you ever dreamed of building your own Learning Resource Centre, tailor-made to shape and enthuse young minds?
We are a new school (opened in September 2015), seeking to appoint a highly motivated, innovative and well organised professional to take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the library and its resources, and for providing support to both students and staff. The role will also offer the opportunity to have a direct impact on student learning, through supporting teachers within lessons, developing resources for teaching information skills to young people, and delivering extra-curricular activities.
If you are passionate about reading, literacy and young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment, this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate will demonstrate an aptitude for administration, well developed ICT abilities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people, and have a qualification in librarianship, teaching or information.
- To plan and oversee the organisation of the school library, including the selection, acquisition, indexing, classification, promotion and maintenance of books and non-book resources
- To support subject teachers by selecting library resources tailored to specific lessons and liaising with teaching staff where relevant in planning and development
- To prepare resources for the teaching of basic library skills and to encourage active reading participation, and to deliver these alongside English staff in reading lessons
- To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students using the library, in the classes you are assigned to, and in home study time in the library
- To plan and deliver extra-curricular activities for students to encourage active library use and engagement in reading
- To maintain a high standard of display and promotional material within the library, and assist with displays around the school
- The opportunity to oversee the development of a new resource centre
- Taking an active role in the teaching and learning of our students
- Working in a highly motivated team of colleagues
- Gaining further experience and career progression as the school intake grows and our infrastructure expands
The post is based at Bohunt School Worthing in our state of the art new buildings which we moved into in September 2016. The South of England based Bohunt Educational Trust has evolved from Bohunt School in Hampshire, which is rated Outstanding in every category by Ofsted and the Times Educational Supplement School of the Year 2014. BET's educational philosophy is encapsulated by three short verbs: Enjoy, Respect and Achieve.
For further details please see our website www.bohuntworthing.com or email the Headteacher’s PA Lisa Day at email@example.com.
TO APPLY: Please read the Job Description, Letter to Applicants, School Information and Dress Code and complete the Support Staff Application form.
Closing date: Midday Monday 10 July
Interview date: TBC
Start date: September 2017
Bohunt School Worthing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an Enhanced level.