Harris Academy Purley is an oversubscribed 11-19 co-educational academy with 1000 students currently on roll, situated on the Croydon/Surrey border with excellent transport to central London, Surrey and the south coast. Open since September 2009, we are judged Outstanding by Ofsted. The academy moved into a state-of-the-art new building in September 2012. We are a happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat on another with care and respect. The academy combines traditional values of discipline and good-manners with contemporary best practice in teaching and technology. The academy’s leadership team and staff share an expectation that each and every student who joins Harris Academy Purley achieves his or her “personal best”. With an emphasis on Enterprise, the academy strives each and every day to create a culture and ethos which promotes curiosity, initiative and leadership in all our young people.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Learning Resources Centre/Library Manager needed to be responsible for Learning Resources Centre at Harris Academy Purley. For the right candidate, we are able to be flexible on working hours (five days a week or fewer, term time only).
- providing support for teaching staff in further exploring and developing the use of learning resources;
- meeting the library and information needs of students and staff, including selecting, acquiring and organising stock;
- using the electronic management system to catalogue and manage resources;
- controlling budget expenditure;
- participating in the development of information and literacy skills programmes
- promoting reading through displays, talks and competitions
You should have excellent learning resources skills and experience. You must be flexible, well organised, able to work under pressure and as part of a team, and able to build good relationships. All applicants must be committed to contributing towards the aims and values of the academy.
Why work at Harris Academy Purley?
- “This is an outstanding academy. High quality teaching promotes learning and enjoyment for all students.” – Ofsted
- The opportunity to be part of an oversubscribed, 'Outstanding'-rated academy
- A superb, modern working environment with state-of-the-art facilities
- A happy, hard-working and highly ambitious community in which students and staff treat one another with care and respect
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package
Harris Academy Purley is part of the Harris Federation, a network of 44 academies, which offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development and promotion.
For more information or to arrange a visit, please contact the academy on 020 8681 1141.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.