Outstanding SEND Learning Support Assistant required for work with a named pupil with EHCP
Outstanding Learning Support Assistant Required for Marden Lodge Primary School and Nursery to help support the Learning and Welfare of a pupil with Communication needs.
Marden Lodge is a community primary school educating children from age two years to eleven years. Our school is set in lovely grounds and our forward thinking approach and dedicated staff aim to provide the best education for our children, bringing learning to life through our thematic curriculum.
As an academy within GLF Schools, we benefit from sharing outstanding resources, and support in every aspect of school life from learning and teaching to staffing and educational expertise.
We are now looking for an excellent Learning Support Assistant who will play a key role in supporting the learning of a pupil with their individual needs.
Our LSA will support the class teacher in the teaching and welfare of the individual to ensure they attain the targets set as part of the EHCP.
The role is:
• 32.5 hours per week post supporting a child with communication and ASD needs.(Daily 8.30 am – 3.30 with 30 mins for Lunch)
* Term time only and temporary until the child leaves Marden Lodge.
The ideal candidate will be:
• An experienced Learning Support Assistant, preferably with KS1/KS2 experience
• Able to develop positive relationships with young people, valuing their diversity, in order to enhance their learning and social development
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Able to stay calm and objective
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
• A reflective learner
• Effective in communicating with parent
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we support applications from leaders from diverse backgrounds and from educators seeking flexible leadership opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.