Job Description – LSA & Holiday Club Assistant
Purpose of job
To assist the team of staff in delivering the curriculum in a safe and purposeful learning environment.
- Assist the class teacher in planning and delivering the curriculum.
- Take direction from class teacher but also work on own initiative.
- Ensure good working relations between the parents and staff.
- Provide and maintain equality of opportunity for all children and their families.
- Ensure the classroom and all necessary equipment is ready before each lesson commences and is cleared away after the lesson finishes.
- Help to ensure there is a productive, positive learning environment during lessons.
- Supervise pupils in playground at break time and lunchtime.
- Contribute positive reinforcement of ground rules.
- Ensure the children are supervised at all times.
- Be enthusiastic and informative to parents and visitors to ensure the continued development of the school.
- Provide stimulating displays that are regularly changed on a termly basis.
- Take a full part in all school activities as required by the Head.
- Ensure that a professional standard is maintained in terms of dress and behaviour that promotes the overall development of the school.
- Be punctual.
- Attend and contribute to School meetings and social events.
- Attend School Events, INSET, Activity Weeks, Duties, Open Days and such school functions as required by the Head.
- File reports, PT write-ups, Assessment results etc into Pupil Files as directed by the class teacher.
- Take responsibility for knowing what is happening in the school and how they are involved by reading emails, minutes and schedules.
- Know and adhere to the school policies and to the information in the staff handbook.
- Adhere to all safeguarding procedures and undertake the safeguarding training provided by the school.
Other duties could include:
- Complete the accident and incident book and administer basic first aid.
- Deal with visitors to the School.
- Attend meetings with manager and other training as required.
Holiday Club Assistant - School Holidays
As a member of the Holiday Club you will be required to work with the children who are aged 3-11 years at a ratio of 1:8.
We are open from 8am-6pm every holiday except the week between Christmas and New Year.
You will be required to support the Holiday Club Manager and Deputy in the day to day running of the club.
This will include; preparing the meals, supporting or running the day’s activities, managing the children, providing a safe and caring environment for the children, parents and staff, dealing with accidents and reporting back to parents at the end of the day.
Staff should also be aware that on occasions it may be required that you work slightly extra to your usual hours to help cover illness and unforeseen staff absences, for which you will be appropriately renumerated.
Waverley School & Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children therefore all applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
For further information please email Cherie Evans, P.A. to the Head Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Cherie Evans/April Herridge on: 01189 731121.