ABC Teachers are urgently recruiting for a number of Learning Support Assistants to work within an SEN school in Melton Mowbray. The school caters for the needs of children aged 5-16 with PMLD, SLD and MLD. Due to the nature of the classes, you will be required to support both 1:1 and small groups of pupils.
The school has consistently been rated Good by Ofsted and offers a supportive and welcoming environment for all members of staff.
Due to the continued requirement for growth, there are roles available for both an immediate start as well as roles ready for January.
To be considered for the role:
• Candidates will need a previous background in supporting the learning and development of children or young adults with SEND in a support or educational setting.
• A teaching assistant qualification is desirable but other relevant qualifications will be accepted.
• Candidates need to be naturally caring and compassionate whilst always maintaining exceptional behaviour management to get the best out of the pupils in their care.
• It is a REC requirement that you can reference the last two years of employment for safeguarding purposes.
• All candidates must hold an Enhanced Child and Adult DBS on the Update Service (if you do not currently hold one, we can help you process a DBS)
What ABC Teachers can offer:
• Be part of one of the biggest names in education, The Times Educational Supplement!
• Market leading rates of pay, paid through our in house payroll team.
• Continued online and classroom based professional development including Team Teach, Autism Awareness and our Educare training package worth £350+
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full AWR (Agency Worker Regulation) compliance to ensure you get the pay you deserve
• A dedicated SEN specialist consultant on hand 24/7
What to do next:
To be considered for this position you will be required to attend a face to face registration and hold an enhanced DBS check in Child and Adult Workforce; you will need to pay for this upfront and add this to the Update Service. At the registration we will discuss in more detail the work that you are looking for, your experience to date, and also how we are going to work best for you.
We will need to gain references to cover the last 2 years, and a minimum of 2 references must be a school based. Our compliance team have a rigorous safeguarding and clearance process, and this is how we know we are working with the best possible team of staff to employ in our schools.
If you are interested in this position then please contact Jacob Thompson on 01543 228 029, email your CV to email@example.com or ‘Apply now’ to submit your details.
Once you are fully cleared for work then you will be contacted by your consultant who will be able to tell you more about the roles currently available and what may be suitable to yourself. Each of our consultants covers their own individual areas across from the Midlands and across Staffordshire.
If you haven’t yet found what you are looking for, keep up to date with us on social media:
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Experience within an SEN setting. The experience, training or qualifications required in order to receive the maximum salary for this role are: L3 TA Qualification.