OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Our small and friendly team at our Stoke Poges Campus are seeking an experienced Learning Support Assistant to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated LSA to provide support for SEND students and assist the Learning Support Coordinator where necessary.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes OneSchool Global UK such a special and unique place to work
• To provide in class support to SEND students under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator
• To work with teachers to support the learning, educational progress and inclusion of pupil(s) with an EHCP
• Organise and manage all necessary resources and an appropriate learning environment
• Assess, manage and deliver learning support to SEND students using knowledge and specialist skills
• To act as a Key Worker for identified pupils, regularly liaising with parents and staff to ensure progress against Learning Plan targets
• To work closely with allocated pupils, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to achieve and progress through the development of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge (ASK)
• Encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage in all activities through support of their Attributes, Skills and Knowledge
• To build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, treat them consistently and be concerned for their development as learners, supporting them and responding to their individual needs
• Monitor and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies
• Work within an established discipline policy to anticipate and manage behaviour constructively, promoting self-control and independence
• To be familiar with the school curriculum, the age related expectations of pupils and main teaching methods for age ranges in which you are involved
The successful applicant will:
• Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
• Have relevant qualifications or experience working in a school with pupils requiring additional support
• Enjoy being part of a supportive team
• Be caring and enthusiastic
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
In return we offer:
• Enthusiastic and respectful students
• Modest class sizes
• An already successful school with excellent and outstanding aspects
• A strong team of specialist staff
• Support from colleagues within the network of Focus regional schools
• New exciting concepts in education, which include Self-Directed Learning across all OneSchool Global UK Campuses
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
For a visit please call the campus directly on 01753 662 167. For an informal discussion please contact Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: 12pm on Wednesday 3rd July 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 8th July 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Stoke Poges Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment