An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our vibrant school as a Learning Support Assistant
Danetree Primary School has gone through an exciting journey to become a four-form entry Primary school in September 2016. Rated by Ofsted as a 'Good' school, we pride ourselves on the commitment and dedication of the entire staff body, we proudly promote our passion and desire to assist in the educational development and enhancement of each and every child within our school.
Joining GLF schools brings a wealth of opportunity both personally and professionally. Each school in our trust has its own individual identity, while benefiting from the expertise that comes from a dedicated and experienced support team. GLF Schools will recognise your skills, encourage creativity and provide opportunities for you to grow, learn and flourish.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant to play a key role in supporting the class teacher in the teaching and welfare of the childrens development.
This role is 33 Hours per week, across 39 weeks per year, to include lunchtime duties and attendance at weekly staff training sessions after school
Salary FTE: £15,461 - £17,489
Pro rata: £12,081 - £13,666
Our mission is clear; ‘Danetree is a caring school where learning is creative, challenging and inspiring; enabling all to achieve their potential.
We can offer:
• A supportive and approachable senior management team.
• Continuous personal development through our tailored CPD programme.
• An exciting chance to assist in the educational progression of young children.
• Job satisfaction.
• Recognition of previous school continuous service.
• Enhanced maternity and sickness entitlement.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be able to develop positive relationships with young children.
• Be able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting.
• Be able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour.
• Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
• Confident and clear communicator with parents.
• Be flexible with regard to other classroom work.
Be part of our creative and passionate team as we plan the next step on our journey, and Grow, Learn and Flourish within GLF Schools.
Interviews: Tuesday 20th March
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.