25 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Actual Salary £13,363)
Unity City Academy is an 11-16 Academy and proud to be part of the Academies Enterprise Trust family of schools. We are within easy access from Middlesborough and the Tees Valley and close to the A19 motorway.
We take from a very diverse catchment area which means that our students are at the heart of everything we do, and we challenge and support them to achieve their full potential. You will find our students to be engaging, proud to live in and give back to their community and are ready to learn – all we need is you!
Due to external funding we are looking to appoint to the important post of Learning Support Assistant on a fixed term contract for one year. As part of our dedicated and caring SEND team you will work one on one with a student to provide in-class learning support and personal guidance and support.
We are looking for:
● An individual with experience of working with young people with a severe to moderate learning difficulty.
● Some one with experience of or an understanding about young people who present with social and emotional difficulties
● Ideally someone with experience or knowledge of working with young people with dyslexia.
● A passion for working with young people to help them overcome their barriers to learning.
● A desire to work with and support in mental health
We can offer:
● Students who will make you proud to work in the education profession.
● A commitment to develop your skills and experiences through tailored and effective CPD.
● A culture of reflection and determination to make Unity City the best Academy in Middlesborough.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
The position is required to commence as soon as possible.
Closing date: Monday 25 September 2017
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are unable to accept CV's as part of our safeguarding policies. To make an application please click apply at the bottom of the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/a/aetinet.org/aetwebsite/our-teaching-school/initial-teacher-training for further details.