ABC Teachers, part of TES, are currently recruiting for an SEN Learning Support assistant for a school we are partnered with based in Cannock. This excellent Special Educational Needs school is looking for a supportive and knowledgeable individual who can build a strong rapport with students.
About the role:
• Working one to one and in small groups with students who have additional needs
• ASD, Social Emotional and Mental Health issues.
• Position to commence as soon as possible
• Part time role on an ongoing basis
About the school:
• Students here are between the ages of 11 and 19
• The school caters for pupils with a broad range of SEN, some of these being moderate to profound and multiple learning difficulties, ASD, and physical conditions.
• Positive and supportive working environment, with a range of facilities.
• Many students have Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues due to their SEN, therefore you will ideally have experience working with challenging behaviour.
• Have proven experience assisting young people with Special Educational Needs
• Eligible to work in the UK (must hold a valid visa)
• Be able to provide valid references for your work with children
• Hold or be willing to complete a DBS/police check
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Recent, referenceable school based experience within an SEN setting (within the last 5 years).
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Beth on 01543 228 029, email your CV to email@example.com or submit your details.