ABC Teachers are currently recruiting for an SEN Learning Support Assistant for a school in Loughborough that caters for the needs of children aged 4-19 who have a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
About the school:
- The school currently caters for nearly 200 pupils and has continually received Outstanding on Ofsted for their commitment to the personal and academic development of the children.
- It offers a truly welcoming and supportive environment for all staff from both SEND and Mainstream backgrounds. This is the perfect place for all Learning Support Assistants to transition across to SEND.
- There are typically between 6-10 pupils per class with a team of LSA's to ensure teachers can effectively deliver lessons to a range of academic abilities.
Who we're looking for:
- You'll need recent experience supporting children or young adults with SEND in an educational/care/support setting.
- To be considered for the role, you'll need to be available between 2-5 days per week.
- Knowledge of PECS/Makaton/BSL is desirable but not essential for this role.
- You'll need to hold an enhanced Child and Adult DBS on the Update Service (or be willing to complete one.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Experience working with children and young adults with SEN.
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Jacob on 01543 228 029, email your CV to email@example.com or submit your details.