Learning Support Assistant – General
Fixed Term Contract – Spring and Summer Term 2018.
Term Time (41 working weeks per year) 36hrs per week
Salary Scale 3, £18,657 - £19,623 pro rata.
We are seeking a friendly and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant for our relatively newly opened school. The role is expected to develop over time so, as well as general administrative skills, an enthusiastic, flexible and proactive approach to work is essential.
- To be responsible for supporting teaching and learning in the classroom to ensure consistent delivery of agreed outcomes, including where agreed small group or 1-to-1 teaching.
- To work with teachers to assess the needs of individual children.
- To facilitate discussion with classroom teacher around specific working practices.
- To assist in creating materials, resources and additional content for curriculum delivery.
- To assist pupils' achievement within and outside of the classroom, e.g., computer lab, library.
Intervention Support Responsibilities
- To work with the SENCo and other teachers to implement Pupil Education, Care and Health Plans and develop resources for pupils who have: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), speech or language impairments, or behaviour that interferes with learning and/or relationships.
- To regularly update student profiles and logs so that interventions are appropriately recorded.
- To plan and undertake direction for one to one teaching where necessary.
- To observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance
- To assist with follow-through for related services, e.g. behaviour advisory teachers, learning advisory teachers, CAMHS
- To maintain pupil and family confidentiality and attend professionals meetings when required.
- To attend regular meetings and training, as required
Closing Date: Monday 11th December 2017
Interview Date: w/c Monday 11th December 2017
Please send completed application forms with a covering letter to: Aaron Barringer, School Support Manager, Space Studio West London Email: email@example.com Tel: 020 3696 8140
The Aspirations Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.