Our vision is to provide every child with an outstanding education so that they can develop into confident young people with a sense of self-worth, who believe they can make a difference in the world. Weyfield Primary Academy is a ‘Good School’ in all categories, as judged by Ofsted in November 2015. Our curriculum is based on strong evidence-based approaches, including Numicon, Talk for Writing and the International Primary Curriculum. We became a Scouting school in January 2017 and have 6 registered Cub Packs; Scouting is a unique part of our curriculum offer in KS2 and provides amazing opportunities for children to develop resilience and build character.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated LSA to work with pupils with a range of additional needs both in groups and on an individual basis. The successful candidate will show a willingness to work closely within a team to deliver an inspirational curriculum that matches the needs of individual pupils and their learning abilities. This may also include the need to provide support for pupils with ASD and other additional needs.
You will need to:
• Have had previous experience or work in education
• Have a good understanding of the primary curriculum content
• Have good communication skills and be able to clearly explain instructions
• Be professional, discrete, and be able to respect confidentiality on particular issues
• Have a sound knowledge of how young children learn
• Have excellent interpersonal skills
• Have high expectations of learning
• Be passionate about improving the life chances of pupils
• Be patient, calm, well organised and understanding
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with children
• Have a positive attitude in line with the ethos of the school
• Be prepared to be flexible, resilient & reliable
• Have previous Special Needs experience
• GCSE levels A-C in Maths & English
• Possess excellent literacy & numeracy skills
• Previous experience of working in an educational setting or previous experience with caring for young children with additional needs
We can offer:
• Happy, responsive children
• Good professional development opportunities
• A caring, committed and inclusive ethos
• The opportunity to develop classroom and leadership responsibilities
• A committed friendly & supportive staff team.
Weyfield Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to full safeguarding checks as well as satisfactory references.
Closing Date: 30th October 2017 at 5pm
Interviews: Wednesday 1st November 2017