Fixed Term contract until August 2018
25 hours per week (8:45am - 3.00pm) and 39 weeks per year (5 training days included) to work with small groups or one to one as appropriate.
Grade: APTC 2, points 11-13
Salary: £18,357 - 18,396 pro rata (£10,830 - £10,853 per annum, actual salary)
We are looking for a person who is:
- Interested in education;
- Sensitive to the needs of children;
- Able to work in a team;
- Is cheerful, positive and enthusiastic;
- Possesses good literacy and numeracy skills;
- Has a NVQ Level 2 qualification;
- Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
You would be expected to:
- Work under direct supervision by the class teacher and/or Inclusion Manager;
- Use their own initiative to organise activities and tasks;
- Provide feedback to the class teacher on the pupil's progress;
- Create simple resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate;
- Attend INSET days per year and training as identified by the
- Headteacher/Inclusion Manager.
We can offer:
- Well-behaved pupils;
- A welcoming and friendly atmosphere;
- A well resourced learning environment;
- A friendly and supportive team;
- Commitment to your continuous professional development.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: before noon on Tuesday 19th September 2017
Interviews: week commencing 25th September 2017
Start: As soon as possible
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council
How to apply
To apply online please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com