37 Hours a week, 40 weeks per year - Term time + 10 days
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective individual to provide an efficient and high-quality support service to students at Kingswood Academy and champion teaching strategies for students.
In particular, we are seeking an individual who will:
- promote the inclusion of students.
- liaise with the class teacher to work with students to target identified learning needs.
- provide practical support in the classroom to students who have recognised learning needs, supporting them to achieve their potential.
- work with subject teachers to ensure lesson materials are used effectively in order for students to make the expected progress towards their target levels.
This post is ideal for a dynamic, flexible individual who is passionate about sustainably improving standards and outcomes for our students.
This position is required for an immediate start. Interviews are scheduled to take place as soon as possible after the closing date.
To find out more about or academy please visit our website
Our Vision is: 'to deliver world-class learning, which places no limits on what young people can achieve' and we are a national beacon of educational excellence in Hull'.
As a national beacon of educational excellence, we will ensure that:
- All students leave our academy with first-rate qualifications: Qualifications that ensure all doors remain open, giving our students the platform to compete and thrive on a global stage.
- All students develop exceptional character: Character that exemplifies a true growth mind-set; a phenomenal work ethic; confidence and high levels of grit, resilience and determination; ensuring they are fully prepared to flourish in an ever-changing world.
- All students leave our academy with high levels of cultural and global awareness: Awareness that develops through diverse experiences that enrich our students, enabling them to engage in, empathise with, challenge, and debate current affairs beyond their local community.
- All students leave with an array of positive memories that last for a lifetime: Memories that are created from students, staff, and our community is fully invested in forging exceptional relationships based on trust, care, high expectations, and a passion for genuinely making a difference in their life.
Ultimately our Mission is to ensure that: ‘all students have an inner-belief and ambition to fulfil their dreams and live a happy and successful life.’ We are passionate about our students ‘recognising their academic worth’ and making sure that they are ‘prepared to make bold choices in order to secure places, and thrive, at the most reputable and highest performing colleges, universities and world-class employers.’
Academies Enterprise Trust:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like-minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech-enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job and your life.
To find more about the opportunity or to arrange a call please contact Mrs. C Weightman, PA to Headteacher via email email@example.com or telephone 01482 879967.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th January 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Thank you for your interest in working at Kingswood Academy.
Kingswood Academy; is a school rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted. We are also an academy where on average our stu...