Actual Salary - £12,400pa (£18,225pa - full-time equivalent)
30 hours per week. 8.30am - 3.00pm (term time)
"A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Outstanding Leadership and Management"
Ofsted, December 2013
At Vyners School, we are committed to meeting the needs of all our students and developing their potential. Applications are welcome from both experienced Teaching Assistants and those considering this, or teaching, as a career. The school is looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic individual to undertake the role of Learning Support Assistant who will join a team of assistants supporting pupils with special educational needs and moderate learning difficulties in a variety of situations.
The successful applicant will:
• Be enthusiastic about working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities.
• Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
• Take a flexible approach to working.
• Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism.
• Feel confident in working independently with small groups of pupils.
Applicants will need to have:
• A good general level of education, a sense of humour and be flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
• Good interpersonal skills, capable of interacting well with students and other staff members.
• Emotionally robust, capable of dealing with challenging student behaviour.
The school offers an environment with outstanding student behaviour and opportunities for further professional development, working with children who respond to passionate teaching and working within an established team with supportive colleagues.
Start Date: ASAP (early applications considered)
Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on Monday 25 June 2018
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position, please see the vacancies page of our website for more information and an application form. Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Frances Webb - HR / Office Manager Tel 01895 234342).