We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our team for a possible January 2017 start. This role would suit a recent graduate looking to do a PGCE course in the future or a candidate with special educational needs experience.
The successful candidate will work within a class to support a Reception/Key Stage One child to learn both individually and in small groups.
They will need to:
- Interact and support the child in a positive way to foster their enthusiasm for learning. Monitor progress in assimilating new information.
- Liaise with the teacher if they need to be introduced to new learning experiences individually in advance of the class/group.
- Liaise with the class teacher to adapt class planning to provide kinaesthetic and motivating activities to progress learning.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to implement pre-written programmes to support ongoing speech and language and occupational therapy provision.
- Provide intervention in self chosen play activities, whether individual or in a group of other children, in order to develop play and early concepts.
- Facilitate communication and shared play but with awareness of the other children in the group.
- Ensure that the child has opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
A willingness to contribute fully to the extra-curricular activities and life of the school is vital.
Chepstow House School is an established 3 form entry, Coed Prep with a nursery attached and outstanding facilities within the Notting Hill Gate area. It is a growing school offering opportunities for staff development and career progression. It is part of the Alpha Plus Group, which is one of the country's leading educational groups. The aim of the school is to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that enables each child to achieve their full potential in a happy and caring environment. Chepstow House aims to discover the best in every child and challenge them to go beyond their expectations.
Chepstow House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and have DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) clearance. References will be taken up and will be carefully checked.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Applicants to send CV, application forms (downloaded from the TES website, school website or the Alpha Plus website) and a covering letter to :- Assistant Head, Emma Prentice Address Chepstow House School 108a Lancaster Road W11 1QS Telephone 0207 243 0243 Email email@example.com Website www.chepstowhouseschool.co.uk