Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant with an excellent behaviour management background, to join an independent specialist therapeutic school in the South East London area. This Learning Support Assistant role starts in June. The school has a total of 27 students on role. The needs across this school are primarily social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) although there are additional needs for some of the students.
About the Role
· Learning Support Assistant
· Working with an excellent support team across the school
· Full-time permanent contract. No holidays during term time
· The starting salary for support staff is £17,000
About the School
· Independent specialist therapeutic school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid Senior Leadership Team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties) needs of the students
· 27 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Padded time-out room available
· Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
· Provides extensive professional development for staff and fast track career progression and upward mobility available for the right fit
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Job Reference number LXD29945
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.