Learning Support Assistant linked to ASD provision
Clockhouse Primary School is a large (three form entry), popular community school situated in Collier Row.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the school due to the opening of a brand new provision for children with ASD. The Governing Body are eager to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to support children with social communication needs within the Additional Resource Provision and their integration into the main stream school.
The Learning Support Assistant will work primarily in the provision but will also be expected to support pupils to integrate into main stream classes when needed. The successful applicant will be expected to work across the primary age range but on a daily basis will mainly work with children from Key Stage 2.
We ask that interested applicants are:
- Outstanding practitioners;
- Able to demonstate experience of working with children with ASD;
- Appropriately trained in approches to support these children;
- Committed to high standards of achievement and behaviour;
- Able to work as part of a team but also show initiative to work independently;
- Are highly motivated and enthusiastic;
- Committed to Continued Professional Development and able to inspire and motivate others.
Our school offers:
- A brand new provision within which to work;
- Enthusiastic children;
- A well-resourced environment and a strong commitment to School Improvement;
- A firm commitment to the Continuing Professional Development of all staff;
- Friendly and supportive working environment, with opportunities to progress in your career.
We consider this to be an exciting opportunity for applicants looking to work in a supportive and inclusive environment where commitment to development of the whole child is paramount.
Come and meet our children and staff. Please phone the school to arrange an appointment.
Please apply online at www.haveringschools.jobs. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th October 2017
Interviews to be held: Thursday 19th October 2017