Pay details: H2 - pro rata - term time only
We are looking to appoint a caring, dedicated and creative learning support assistant (LSA) to start in June 2018.
We are looking for someone who:-
- approaches all work with high expectations and a can-do attitude;
- maintains a consistent, caring approach to working with children;
- works well alone and as part of a team; and,
- dedicates themselves to continuing professional development.
We can offer you:-
- a supportive, teaching-focused senior leadership team;
- experienced, supportive and welcoming colleagues;
- children who are a pleasure to teach;
- great opportunities for personal and professional development; and
- an opportunity to make a real difference to our local community.
To begin with, the role would involve working one-to-one with a pupil with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs, building a positive a working relationship so that the child may achieve in class and interact well with peers during break- and lunchtime. You would work closely with the Inclusion Leader who would facilitate training (i.e. continuing professional development opportunities) so you would have the knowledge and skills to help the child make progress both academically and socially.
Visits to the school are highly encouraged, giving you the opportunity to meet our fantastic pupils, see our extensive grounds and talk in more detail about working at the school with a member of our senior leadership team.
Please contact Danielle Dulieu (School Business Manager) if you have any questions or would like to arrange to visit the school.
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to safer recruitment measures which will include an enhanced criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 18/05/2018 19:30:00
Interview date: 23rd May 2018
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
Hurst Drive Primary School