Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to work on a permanent contract at a school in Lambeth. This is a full-time role commencing in January 2018. The Learning Support Assistant / LSA will be working with primary aged children within a school that caters for students with Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. The school requires a Learning Support Assistant / LSA who is a resilient and dynamic team player. This is an independent therapeutic school that offers a personalised program to each student based on their individual learning needs.
About the Role
· Learning Support Assistant / LSA
· Working within an independent, therapeutic setting with pupils from year 1 to 6.
· Possibility of working 1:1 with a child or as general support within the classroom
· Full-time and permanent contract only
· Yearly salary of £17,000
About the School
· Independent school based in Lambeth
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers, qualified therapists and a solid senior leadership team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff
· Small class sizes
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid
· Provides extensive professional development for staff
· Up to 15 training days on developing educational and therapeutic skills
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous experience working with students with SEN (desirable)
· Have proven experience working within a UK based classroom as a Learning Support Assistant / LSA
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD29945.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.