Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to work within upper KS2 and KS3 with students with social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) in the South-East area of London. This role would suit someone with resilience, experience and the ability to work with vulnerable students on a daily basis. There are a total of 41 students currently on role at this independent school, and some will have additional needs such as ADHD, Global Delay and ASD. This is a permanent role to start immediately working in an extremely well-resourced and purposely renovated alternative education provision.
About the Role
· Learning Support Assistant working with students within upper KS2 and KS3
· Supporting the class teachers and the students in both 1:1 and group settings
· This position is to start as soon as possible
· It is a full time, permanent position
· Salary starting at £17,000
About the School
· Independent school based in South East London
· Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers and qualified therapists and a solid senior leadership team
· Daily briefings are held with all members of staff, which is particularly important given the SEMH needs of the students
· 41 students currently attend the school
· Challenging behaviour, detachment disorders and global development delay are commonplace across the classes
· Lunch is made every day by a chef on site, with students assisting in preparing meals
· Chicken run onsite and the eggs laid are used in the kitchen
· Padded time-out room available
· Apple macs with the latest technology are found in every classroom
· Provides extensive professional development for staff
· Provides training in Team Teach and First Aid, as well as ongoing CPD support and workshops from the school
· A generous salary scale increasing each year
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Previous experience working with students with challenging behaviour essential
· Have proven experience working within a UK-based classroom
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD162879.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.