Smart Teachers are recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant / LSA to join a fantastic Independent Special Needs School in South West London, Roehampton area. The Learning Support Assistant / LSA position is a permanent role to start in September 2019. The school requires a proactive and passionate Learning Support Assistant / LSA to join the school with a positive and forward thinking attitude. They have an age range of 9-19 year olds with mixed genders and abilities. The children mainly have mild autism, but there are also students that have Social and Emotional difficulties and Asperger’s.
About the Role
• Learning Support Assistant / LSA
• Full time
• Permanent contract
• September 2019 start
• £16,000 - £22,000 (dependant on experience)
• 1:1 and group work
• General class support with students and teachers
• Onsite training provided, where needed
About the School
• Strong and supportive leadership
• Career progression opportunities
• Independent School
• Mild ASD, SEMH and SLD
• Fantastic resources and equipment
• Has a residential site
• ‘Good’ Ofsted report
• Large school with 70 students on role
• All pupils have an EHCP
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Assistant / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DJW8881.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.