Lea Manor High School is an 11 – 16 mixed comprehensive in Luton. Our school represents a culture of high aspiration, high expectations and success. Our aim is to provide an outstanding learning experience for all students within a safe, disciplined and caring environment.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our school. This role is full time, term time only + 5 days, to start as soon as possible.
The purpose of this role is to provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who require particular help to overcome barriers to learning and to work with a wide range of students with varying SEND needs, including, but not limited to, autism, ADHD and complex physical disabilities.
You will have;
- Demonstrable experience working with students with special needs.
- The ability to communicate effectively at a range of levels, e.g. with children, parents, other professionals, etc.
- The ability to understand the issues for pupils’ education in an urban, multi-cultural context
- Demonstrable knowledge of how pupils learn, including some knowledge of how the curriculum may need to be differentiated to meet needs of SEND students.
- GCSE English and Maths grade C or above, and a willingness to undertake training
Lea Manor High School can offer you:
- A friendly, supportive and committed staff team
- Opportunities for professional development
- A strong professional development package will support you throughout your career
Lea Manor High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Closing date: Wednesday 22 November 2017
Interviews: As soon as possible thereafter
For more information and to apply, please see our website at www.hays.co.uk/jobs/leamanorhighschool or call Brett Coventry at Hays Education on 020 3818 7041