The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint 6 Learning Support Assistants to join our wonderful special educational needs team! We are looking for committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidates who will support the teaching and learning of our students and help contribute to their intellectual and social development. We are looking to recruit people who have the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy.
You will become a member of a team of 20 who operate in every area of the school and work with a variety of needs. Our LSAs are mostly based in faculties so if you have any subject knowledge we can place you accordingly. There are opportunities to advance to HLTA or Cover Team with a view to training as a fully qualified teacher. Our hours are not too demanding either (9-3.30 Mon to Fri) and we get every school holiday off.
‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills… If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park!
· Contribute to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual students
· Support the teaching and learning of individual students or groups of students, using support strategies appropriate to the needs of students
· Prepare, develop, maintain and deploy appropriate learning aids, materials and equipment, including ICT, to assist the teacher and learning.
· Contribute to the monitoring, recording and assessment of student progress through observation and questioning, against student targets
The successful candidate will:
· Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills (minimum of Grade C in GCSE’s or equivalent)
· Experience in an educational setting (essential)
· Previous experience as a Learning Support Assistant (desirable) and some experience or knowledge of dealing with special needs (essential).
· Be able to take part in training and liaise with a wide range of people including teachers, parents, carers, students and pastoral team
· Be able to listen to the direction of the class teacher, follow agreed lesson plans and use support strategies appropriate to the needs of students.
· Be able to contribute to the care, health and welfare of students in accordance with the school’s health and safety and related policies
· Start Date: As soon as possible
· Salary: L3.16 £12,795 pro rata salary
· Hours: 30 hours a week, 9am to 3:30pm, 39 weeks per year
· Job Role: Term time only, permanent
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
· A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
· Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas