Do you have experience working with students in small groups or 1:1?
Are you passionate about supporting children to overcome any barriers in their learning?
Are you looking for a school that will train and support you to gain your QTS?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are seeking to appoint Learning Support Assistants to join our wonderful special educational needs team! We are looking for committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidates who will support the teaching and learning of our students and help contribute to their intellectual and social development. We are looking to recruit people who have the right attitude and will represent our positive ‘can do’ ethos that runs through our Academy.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent literacy and numeracy skills (minimum of Grade C in GCSE’s or equivalent)
- Be able to take part in training and liaise with a wide range of people including teachers, parents, carers, students and pastoral team
- Be able to listen to the direction of the class teacher, follow agreed lesson plans and use support strategies appropriate to the needs of students.
- Be able to prepare, maintain and deploy appropriate learning aids, materials and equipment.
- Be able to contribute significantly to the planning of teaching and learning for the whole class and/or individual students
- Be able to contribute to the care, health and welfare of students in accordance with the school’s health and safety and related policies
- Salary: L3.16, £17,419: prorated salary is £12,167.95 / £9.05 an hour
- Weeks: 39 weeks
- Hours: 30 hours a week, 9 to 3:30pm
- Type of role: Permanent
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Teacher Testimonial: “ What I really felt here more than anywhere else was that the welcome was extremely warm and the team wanted to develop me and nurture me as a leader, a professional and a teacher. They have given me the opportunity to go on to the national leadership course, which allowed me to nurture my own leadership skills and learn a whole host of different things, which I had not had the opportunity to learn before. After 4 years, I was seconded onto the SLT team looking after Teaching and Learning, which has always been my real passion. In September this year, I was seconded to be the Associate Vice Principal which added another layer which challenged me and helped me experience lots of other aspects at the school. At Stockwood, we really believed the CPD should be personalised at whatever level you are at and whatever level you come into the Academy. If you are an NQT or Unqualified, we really nurture the talent you have and we will help you gain QTS and complete your NQT year. We have also put together a rolling CPD programme every Thursday night so that people are really supported. We believe that nurturing talent upwards is really important, whether that's pastoral care, curriculum care, teaching and learning and then moving into SLT. We have middle leader and senior leaders’ courses and send people out on National Accreditation. Stockwood Park Academy have really helped me develop my skills and I'm very lucky that I have a team of people that I know I can develop myself and still do my day to day job.”
Want to know what our teachers have to say about working at Stockwood Park Academy? Watch our video by visiting: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact Sandra Burgoyne-Murray on 01582 811 515 to arrange a convenient time.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.