Fixed term part-time for 22 hours per week (during School term times).
Westminster School is a leading coeducational, day and boarding Uniting Church School located in Marion, south-west of the city. We promote being courageous, curious, inclusive, kind, mindful and resilient and aim to instill these values in both our students and our staff.
Our Mission is to provide an exceptional education for students Preschool to Year 12.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Learning Support Assistant to provide in-class assistance to students with special educational needs, including students for whom English is an additional language. You will support teachers in preparing differentiated teaching and learning materials, monitoring student progress and communicating with parents.
The Learning Support Assistant will work in the Senior School on a fixed term, part-time basis for 22 hours per week during school terms only. Hours may be spread across the week to fit in with student timetables and may change from term to term.
This is a fixed term arrangement for 2020 and Terms 1 & 2 2021.
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Certificate III in Education Support (as minimum or equivalent)
- Demonstrated success in providing student support
- Excellent ICT skills in the classroom and for administrative tasks
- Sound administrative skills
- Current certifications in First Aid
- Awareness of the Privacy Act
- Demonstrated success in providing literacy and numeracy support at secondary level
- While teaching qualifications are not essential, experience working with students in a senior school and classroom environment would be an advantage.
- Experience providing support to English as an Additional Language learners would be advantageous.
- Experience providing support to Indigenous students would be advantageous.
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is highly desirable
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities
- Initiative and the capacity for self-direction, while at the same time contributing to the output of the larger team.
- A positive, enthusiastic team member with superior organisational skills, the ability to set goals and prioritise work, and the capacity to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks.
- An open and friendly disposition and a sense of humour.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to students and parents from a range of age groups, experiences, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Ability to ensure confidentiality
- Willingness to work within a flexible timetable
A position description is available on our website under Careers. www.westminster.school
For further information about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to Mr David Wallage, Head of Senior School.
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through Seek
Applications close 18 December 2019.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.