THE LONG EATON SCHOOL
Thoresby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham. NG10 3NP
Tel: 0115 9732438 Fax: 0115 9737349
11-18 mixed comprehensive, NOR – 1270
Headteacher – Andy Hunt
Learning Support Assistant L3 (MESH) Point 23-26, £17,729 to £19,504 per annum (actual salary)
37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Governors are inviting applications for the above post. The successful applicant will be professional, adaptable, and dedicated to providing a high level of Teaching Assistant support for students with mental, emotional or social health needs (MESH). They will have strong communication skills with the ability to work well within a team, yet able to work unsupervised utilising their own initiative. The post holder will support a number of high profile students in a variety of ways, including personal and educational development. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience of a similar role and their suitability to working within a busy secondary school environment.
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade C or above in Maths, English and Science are essential. Relevant professional qualifications are desirable. The Long Eaton School is a highly successful secondary school with 1270 students on roll.
The Long Eaton School:
- is a founding member of the Northworthy Trust;
- is an over-subscribed 11-18 school;
- enjoyed good results at GCSE and ‘best ever’ at A Level last summer;
- converted to Academy status in April 2011
- moved into a £16m PFI brand new school building in February 2006 with state of the art facilities including an Enhanced Resource Centre,
- opened The Malcolm Parry Observatory, a purpose-built facility for astronomy, in January 2012;
- gained the Gold Standard in the Leading Space Education quality mark in February 2013;
- has a highly motivated staff team, enthusiastic students and an “exemplary” governing body;
- has a thriving sixth form with opportunities for further development;
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS (formerly Enhanced CRB) Check, Medical Clearance and satisfactory references.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 November 2017
Interview Date: Week Commencing 4 December 2017
Further details of the post and the school are available from: Telephone: 0115 9732438 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org