Learning Support Assistants
Fixed Term Contract – Subject to Funding
Salary: Scale ME4 (Points 11-13) or ME5 (Points 14-17)
(Depending upon experience and qualifications)
30 hours and 16 hours per week, Mon-Fri (term time only including INSET days)
We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic and highly motivated people to work with children with Educational Healthcare Plans. The successful candidates will work alongside the teaching staff team and SENCo to support the child in the mainstream classroom.
The post will involve:
· Adapting lesson plans and relevant resources to take account of the child’s individual needs.
· Monitor the child’s responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed
· Liaising with and feeding back to the class teacher, SENCo, parents and all other agencies working with the child.
· Ensuring that the child is included in all aspects of the school day including social contexts.
· Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required
· Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
· Assisting with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtime
· Accompanying teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
Hillcross Primary school is an exciting, stimulating learning community with a passion for learning and a desire for all children to achieve their full potential. Our collaborative learning ethos ensures all members of our school community have a love of learning based on a common thinking language.
If you believe that you are:
- An excellent team member
- Experienced and successful in supporting children’s learning
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- You are ICT literate
- An excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Excited about working in a school environment
- Creative and forward thinking
- Have high expectations of yourself and the children you work with
………………then we would like to hear from you.
We can offer you:
· An open, caring ethos.
· Pupils who are curious, keen and enthusiastic to learn.
· Committed, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues.
· A wide ranging and exciting programme of CPD and a culture of teacher enquiry.
· A warm welcome to a team that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations of all children.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office on 02085426936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 11th December at 9am
(Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found)
Interviews: Thursday 14th December