Grade 5 Points 5 - 6 £18,795 - £19,171 pro rata
32 hours a week, 38 weeks (term time only)
We seek an excellent Learning Support Assistant who has the knowledge, experience and passion to make a positive difference to lives and life-chances of our students.
The post is to start in March/April 2020.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious practitioner, who wants to support the next stage of the development of the campus. You will work with within the school as part of the student support team, under the general direction of the Senior Assistant Principal, to support students with a variety of learning needs.
Learning support assistants at this level may work with whole classes, smaller groups or be assigned to work with students who may have particular requirements or EHCP.
Our campus is unique. We have two distinct schools and a cross campus sixth form which is in the top 25% of all schools in the country for progress. It is a team and a family of people who are all working together to achieve our mission of preparing our pupils for success in high quality apprenticeships or a place in university. We believe in a set of recognisable and traditional values: honesty; kindness to all others; respect for all; hard work and persistence.
We have very high expectations of all of our staff, but we value them highly, and treat work load very seriously. Our central team at Headquarters in London is highly experienced and knowledgeable and provide and excellent service to all of the schools in the Trust.
What we can offer you:
- An unerring focus on the safeguarding and wellbeing of all students and staff
- A welfare team who achieve outstanding results in every monitoring exercise both internally by the Trust and externally from Ofsted
- A campus which has just seen its best GCSE results ever and another excellent set of A level results
- A campus where the sixth form is growing year on year
- A skilled and experienced administrative team
- CPD that starts as soon as you are appointed, with a clear induction programme
- A beautiful campus situated on the very edge of the Cotswolds, only half an hour from Oxford and an hour from London by train
Who are we looking for?
- a kind and calm individual who can quickly foster and sustain positive relationships with adults and young people
- someone with the ability to recognise when a child is struggling and can decide on the appropriate support
- a professional who has an understanding of the community we serve
We would be delighted to show you around our campus in order to fully appreciate our excellent learning environment.
Please contact email@example.com or ring 01295 251451 to arrange a visit or an informal, confidential discussion with Sylvia Thomas (Principal) about the role.
Deadline for online TES applications 9.00am Thursday 6th February 2020
Interviews to take place during w/b 10th February 2020