We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Learning Support Assistant to start in January 2017. This role would suit a recent graduate looking to do a PGCE course in the future or a candidate with special educational needs or speech therapy experience. The position is part-time mornings, ideally 8:00am-1:00pm.
The successful candidate will work within a class to support a Year 1 child to learn both individually and in small groups.
They will need to:
- Following the guide of the class teacher to provide a safe and supportive environment for the supported child to learn both individually and in small groups.
- Writing, alongside of the teacher, an Individual Learning Plan that provides specific, short term achievable targets for priority areas of learning.
- While in school, be in charge of maintaining and supervising the use of the equipment specific to child’s needs.
- Monitor progress in assimilating new information. Liaise with the teacher if opportunities are required for the child to revisit and practise areas of learning, or if they need to be introduced to new learning experiences individually in advance of the class/group.
- Implement programmes provided by external therapists, for example speech and language exercises.
- Facilitate communication and shared play but with awareness of the other children in the group.
- Ensure that the child has opportunities to develop their skills as an independent learner.
- Supervise at breaks, specifically at bathroom time, and be available to help if assistance is needed with any of the equipment.
- Help when changing for sports activities and ensure that equipment is properly attached.
- Supervise the child when on the street, trips out or in an unfamiliar environment but with awareness of the other children in the group.
- Form good relationships with not only the class teacher but all members of staff.
Chepstow House School is an established 3 form entry, Coed Prep with a nursery attached and outstanding facilities within the Notting Hill Gate area. It is a growing school offering opportunities for staff development and career progression. It is part of the Alpha Plus Group, which is one of the country's leading educational groups. The aim of the school is to provide a broad and balanced curriculum that enables each child to achieve their full potential in a happy and caring environment. Chepstow House aims to discover the best in every child and challenge them to go beyond their expectations.
Chepstow House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and have DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) clearance. References will be taken up and will be carefully checked. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants to send CV, application forms (downloaded from the school website or the Alpha Plus website) and a covering letter to :- Assistant Head, Emma Prentice Address Chepstow House School 108a Lancaster Road W11 1QS Telephone 0207 243 0243 Email firstname.lastname@example.org Website www.chepstowhouseschool.co.uk
Closing date for applications 04 December 2016