Permanent, Full Time
40 hours per week, 36 weeks per year
Inspire their remarkable with us
Richmond Park Academy (RPA), is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) group and is situated in East Sheen, close to Richmond Park. Richmond, Kingston and the West End are all between 15 and 30 minutes journey from the school and our proximity to central London means that students can benefit enormously from the vast range of social, cultural, sporting and academic opportunities that we are able to access.
Our student body is diverse, exciting and talented - and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our 'can do' attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
The school completed a £10m rebuild and refurbishment programme, including the introduction of a 6th form in 2014. Our 2018 Ofsted reported that we were a 'good' school in all categories. The inspectors judged: "Staff feel well supported and happy to be part of the drive for improvement".
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to provide an efficient and high quality support service to all students at the academy and champion teaching strategies for students with special educational needs. Ideally, you will have worked previously with SEN students and have the ability to establish quickly a positive relationship in order to stretch and maximize their learning. You will be working on a one to one basis and small groups in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and more widely, the Academy.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 57 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date : 5th December 2021
Interviews will take place as soon as possible and applications will be considered upon receipt.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Richmond Park Academy (RPA) is situated in East Sheen, close to Richmond Park, which is the largest of the capital's eight Royal Parks and the biggest enclosed space in London. R...