An SEND Primary School in Salford are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join their school on a full-time basis. Ideally the post is to start ASAP however the school can wait until April 2020 for the right person.
The desired Learning Support Assistant will be able to meet the needs of pupils with ASC, MLD and associated needs including SEMH. Successful experience of working with pupils with Autism is desirable.
The post will suit someone either looking to work a special needs school environment or someone with special school experience. The Special Needs School is looking for a committed and successful Learning Support Assistant to join their motivated team. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are:
• Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in an SEND school environment.
• Be experienced in working with pupils either 1-to-1 or in smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEND team on 0161 641 3743.