Do you have experience working with looked after children? Are you looking for a new challenge? Then this role may be for you!
ABC Teachers are currently recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to work in a alternative provision near Burton-Upon-Trent, helping to re-engage young learners in education.
The provision caters for the needs of children aged 11-14 with Social, Emotional and Mental Health challenges, offering nurturing life skills training alongside a mainstream curriculum.
Due to small class sizes, this is a great opportunity to make a huge impact in the children's development, both academically and personally.
Who we're looking for:
- Experience working with looked after children or children with SEMH and associated challenging behaviours in any capacity will be considered for the role.
- You'll need a genuine passion for making a difference and re-engaging young learners.
- It's essential that you are able to build strong lasting relationships with the pupils in your care, in order to get the best out of them.
- All candidates must hold an Enhanced Child and Adult DBS (or be willing to complete one)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with TES in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualification. The minimum experience training or qualifications required for this position are: recent, referenceable experience working with looked after children or children with SEMH (within the last 5 years).
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Jacob on 01543 228 029 or submit your details.