Rosebery School is a highly successful, oversubscribed and vibrant girls’ 11-18 school with 1,460 students, including 250 in the Sixth Form. We are seeking to recruit an outstanding and motivated Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and professional team who is able to inspire our youngsters and engender a love of learning. This key role facilitates student access to learning within the classroom by offering differentiated support relevant to individual’s needs.
You will be working with girls from 11-18 who require additional support within the educational setting. You will be assisting students with their educational needs supporting alongside the class teacher within the classroom or in small withdrawal groups. You will have good communication and organisation skills, patience, and a sense of humour. You will need the ability to adapt to changing situations and have an understanding of teenagers. Experience of working in a school would be an advantage but is not essential and training will be provided.
Term Time and Permanent
As soon as possible
29.65 hours per week over 5 days (8.15am-3.00pm), 39 weeks a year
GLF 3/4 £16,497-£19,974 FTE (£11,582-£14,024 actual)
Closing Date for Applications:
Monday 23 September 2019
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to engage young people in a positive way.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly with a wide range of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to earn the confidence and respect of staff, pupils and parents.
For the right candidate we offer:
- An opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team in an Ofsted Outstanding School.
- Development through CPD and career management.
- Recognition for hard work and commitment.
- Local government pension scheme.
- Excellent long-term prospects.
For more information on our school, please visit our website http://www.roseberyschool.co.uk/.
Visitors are always welcome, please contact Lesley Broome, HR Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.