Inspire and transform learning with us at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park. We are currently looking to appoint a Learning Support Assistant to attend to pupils' personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters.
Welcome to Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park where we are proud to celebrate the wide range of backgrounds, abilities, faiths and cultures within our school. Our success lies in our drive to ensure every pupil takes pride in their skills, abilities, and talents and uses these to help them attain the highest possible level of education.
We work together to ensure that our children have a bright, safe, secure and happy place to learn. We celebrate their achievements and encourage mutual respect for one another. We feel that by working together with our children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider community we can encourage our pupils to show respect, take responsibility and show resilience as they grow with us.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As Learning Support Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Attending to the pupil’s personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical hygiene and welfare matters
- Working with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager to support the implementation of person centred planning and targets for SEND pupils
- Liaising with appropriate external SEND or health professionals to ensure that advice on provision for individual SEND pupils is effectively implemented
- Supervising and support SEND pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establishing good relationships with all pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
As part of making reasonable adjustments for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, it will sometimes be necessary to direct LSAs to support pupil’s intimate care needs in line with the academy Intimate Care Policy and to maintain the pupils health, safety and personal dignity.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to GCSE Level standard or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of pupils with social and emotional difficulties that may impact upon their behaviour
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Some knowledge of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Two years’ experience working in a school/educational establishment
- Experience working with SEND pupils in specialist/mainstream setting
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park opened in September 2011 in the heart of Peckham. Children can start our Academy in the nursery when they are 3 years old and they leave after Year Six, when they are 11. Our Academy is an exciting pl...