Learning Support Assistant
Salary Hay Grade 5 (Point 16-23 pro rata)
The Charter School East Dulwich is an inclusive, entrepreneurial secondary school serving the vibrant communities of East Dulwich and South Camberwell.
From September 2017 we are looking to appoint an inspirational and talented Learning Support Assistant with strong potential to work Monday – Wednesday at our co-educational, non-selective, non-faith secondary school which opened with its first cohort of Year 7 students in September 2016.
As part of The Charter Schools Educational Trust, we are founded on the conviction that all children deserve the opportunity to succeed, whatever their start in life or personal circumstances. We are a school at the heart of our community: a place where children walk to school together and where friendships, between students and between parents, grow stronger as a result of daily contact in and outside of the classroom. We teach our students to be curious, creative, confident, courageous and caring. They will leave us fully able to participate in our democratic society and prepared to meet the challenges and to harvest the opportunities of life in the 21st century.
The Charter School East Dulwich is a special place to work. We are committed to finding staff with the energy, enthusiasm and expertise to inspire our students and enliven our community. We offer a dynamic professional learning environment, where staff are given ongoing opportunities to develop their practice. We have a clear commitment to our colleagues’ wellbeing as the only sustainable foundation for success. As a new and growing school, we also offer excellent prospects for professional development.
The successful candidate will;
· Have the determination and adaptability needed to be part of a start-up school
· Have high expectations of themselves, other staff and all pupils
· Inspire and motivate students to develop in a well-disciplined and harmonious environment.
· Enable all to achieve their potential during their time at the school, ensuring that they leave school as mature rounded, resilient individuals, ready to take their places as active citizens in the wider world
· Be highly flexible, adaptable and above all collaborative as these are all key requirements when working in a start-up school
This is a fantastic career opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join one of the most exciting schools in London. The Charter School East Dulwich is an outstanding, exhilarating and innovative school that produces exceptional attainment for its learners and will make a significant contribution to the lives and opportunities of our families.
Closing date: Midday Friday 22nd September 2017